Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Me..You...US?

You probably know
Im 23
Workin towards my Ph.D.
& in case you didn't know
I dont want to be 28
With no one to celebrate.

They say its lonely at the top
This journey would make anyone stop.
But maybe you can keep me going
Be the one to have my back.

When nobody gave me the time of day
and my feelings were always at bay.
I started to feel my love wasn't enough.
But i had it all twisted,
it was them who didn't have it together with they stuff.
Gave them a chance & they missed it.

No worries
It was nobody's fault
Some things just cant be taught.

I guess I'm just trying to say
I dont want you to be another one to walk away.
Maybe you can be the one to admire my drive,
and still stick by my side.
To see my strength,
and know deep down I need you.
To appreciate my love,
and never forget it'll always be US.

2 comments:

  1. im not you, but i got a lil hobby out of it.YOU are the one who better keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete